1) Scilly Self Catering, hereinafter called "the Agency", act only as Agents on behalf of the owners or owners of the accommodation ("the Owner")
and the Contract of Letting is between the person booking the accommodation ("the Guest") and the Owner.
2) While we can arrange and pay for flights and sea passage on your behalf, your contract for these services is with the travel provider and not the Agency.
3) All bookings are made on the basis that the accommodation is let to the guest for the hire period only and the Guest acknowledges that the tenancy
granted by this agreement is not an assured tenancy or assured shorthold tenancy as defined by the Housing Act 1988.
4) Bookings are only accepted on submission of the following information:
• The name of the holiday accommodation the guest would like to book;
• The dates on which the guest intends to stay;
• Their name, address, and telephone number or email address;
• Confirmation that they are aged 18 years or over;
• The number of individuals in the group, their names and dates of birth;
• The number of pets accompanying the group;
5) Group bookings (4 or more guests) of single-sex parties are not permitted unless special arrangements have been made by the Agency with the Owner.
6) No bookings are valid until confirmed by the Agency in writing.
7) Once a booking is confirmed by the Agency, the guest is responsible for the full cost of the holiday, including VAT where applicable at current rates.
8) Where occupancy dates are more than 42 days in advance, a deposit of 1/3rd of the cost of the holiday ("Deposit") plus the Agency booking fee is required to secure a booking.
The balance shall be paid not later than 42 days (6 weeks) before the booking is due to commence.
9) Where occupancy dates are fewer than 42 days in advance, the full cost of the holiday plus the Agency booking fee is required to secure a booking.
10) Deposits and Bookings Fee are non-refundable unless the Agency is unable to accept the booking.
11) The Agency reserves the right to re-let any holiday where any monies due are more than 14 days in arrears,
whereupon any monies paid by the guest over and above the non-refundable Deposit and Booking Fee will be refunded.
12) Where accommodation becomes unavailable due to instructions from the owner, the Agency will endeavour to provide the guest with suitable alternative accommodation
or will refund all monies paid or a proportion in the case of curtailment. We cannot pay any compensation or expenses as a consequence of such an event.
13) In the event of cancellation by the guest, the booking fee and deposit will be retained. The Agency will endeavour to re-let the accommodation,
and if successful either the balance of the cost will not be due as in paragraph 8 above, or if already paid, will be refunded.
14) If the Agency is unable to re-let the holiday the Guest will remain liable for the outstanding
balance of the cost of the holiday, and (if applicable) the Deposit and the Booking Fee.
15) All requests to cancel a booking must be made in writing to the Agency.
16) A Holidaymaker requiring a booking to be altered once the booking has been confirmed will be charged £20.00 if a revised confirmation is required.
17) The Guests shall keep the accommodation and all furniture, fixtures, fittings and effects in the same state of repair as at the commencement
of their stay, and shall leave the accommodation in the same state of cleanliness and general order in which it was found.
18) The Guests must report and pay to the Agency the cost of any damage or breakages made during their occupancy.
19) The Agency and the Owners reserve the right to make a charge where guests have contravened an Owner’s request for their accommodation to be smoke-free.
In order to comply with the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 the amount of such a charge should not be more than the cost of the cleaning.
20) The Guests right to occupy the accommodation may be forfeited without compensation if:-
• More guests or pets than declared to the Agency at the time of booking, or before the commencement of the holiday, attempt to take up occupation.
• Overnight guests are entertained without permission from the Agency or Owners.
• Any activity is undertaken which is either illegal or may cause unreasonable damage, noise, nuisance or disturbance.
• A guest is found to be, or proved to have been, smoking inside the accommodation.
21) In the event of there being cause for complaint concerning accommodation, the matter shall be taken up with the Agency at once, so that an on-the-spot investigation can
be made and remedial action taken if required. In no circumstances will compensation be considered for complaints raised after the holiday has ended.
22) The Owner or his representative shall be allowed access to the accommodation at any reasonable time during any holiday occupancy.
23) "No pets" relates to accommodation where pets are not permitted. However, there is no guarantee a
pet has not entered the premises at any time, such as a guide dog or a pet belonging to the Owner.
24) "Pets welcome" relates to any accommodation that allows pets. One small well-behaved dog is usually permitted (at a standard extra cost), but you must check with the Agency prior to booking. Young pets, e.g. puppies, must be declared to the Agency at the time of booking to be authorised by the Owner. If a puppy or young pet is taken to any accommodation without the consent of the Owner it could result in guests being asked
to leave without compensation. When booking online it is advised that you check the acceptance of your pet by telephoning the Booking Department.
25) Guests must ensure that their pets are free from parasites and fleas before they occupy the accommodation. Failure to do so may incur subsequent charges.
26) We ask dog owners to abide by the following rules:
• Dogs must be under strict control at all times.
• Any fouling of lawns etc. must be cleared up without delay.
• The dog must have a bed or basket for sleeping in.
• Dogs must not be left alone in the property or elsewhere at any time.
• Dogs must not lie on beds or furnishings, and hair must be well cleared up before departing.
27) Where pets are responsible for any damage (which must be reported to the agency immediately)
or excessive cleaning that may incur an additional charge, compensation due will be at the Owner’s discretion.
28) The Agency accepts no responsibility for personal injury to the Guest and/or his/her invitees (jointly known
as "the Guests"), or loss of or consequential loss or damage to their possessions, or for other matters over which the Agency has no control.
29) We have compiled the information on our website as accurately as possible at the time of going to press. However, facilities may be altered or
withdrawn for reasons outside the Agency's control, in which case we cannot accept responsibility. We make every effort to ensure that the accommodation details supplied to us by the Owners are accurately reproduced. Mistakes may occur from time to time, and confirmation should be requested prior to booking. The guest must accept minor differences between text/photograph/illustrations
on the website and the actual accommodation may arise. If a facility is particularly important to you, please check with us prior to your booking.
30) By booking with Scilly Self Catering, you consent to receive our email newsletter. If you wish to unsubscribe from the newsletter you
can do so at any time by clicking unsubscribe in the email.
31) All parties irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of,
or in connection with, the Agreement or these Conditions or their subject matter.
32) These website Booking Conditions supersede all previous editions.