01. Are there any booking fees?
We do charge a booking fee, which is in addition to the accommodation cost, and it is £20 per week. You are requested to pay the booking fee at the same time as your deposit.
02. How much deposit is required?
We ask for a 30% deposit, in addition to the booking fee, to secure your reservation.
03. When is the balance payable?
The balance of your holiday payment falls due six weeks before arrival. We will contact you, usually by email, to remind you when the payment is due.
04. What payment methods are available?
We accept payment in pounds sterling only. There are three ways to pay:
* By bank transfer from the UK or from abroad. Details will be supplied as part of the booking process.
* By cheque payable to 'Scilly Self Catering'
* By debit or credit card by phone. PLEASE NOTE: There is a 1.5% surcharge for credit card payments.
05. How do we find our way from the airport?
When you arrive at St. Mary’s Airport, friendly drivers from Paulger’s Transport will be waiting to greet you, and take you anywhere on the island. 2017 rates are £4 per adult and £2 per child. .
06. How do we find our way from the quay?
When travelling by Scillonian III, you can find directions on this website. Go to the dedicated page for your holiday home and either refer to the Google map or download and print the information sheet which contains a map and written directions from the quay to the door.
07. Is there luggage assistance available?
If you are travelling by air, drivers from Paulgers Transport will be happy to assist with your luggage.
Boat passengers do not have to wait to collect their luggage. Local haulier Island Carriers meet Scillonian III daily and deliver all clearly labelled luggage anywhere on St Mary's for a charge of £1.40 per item.
A return service can be booked in person at the Island Carriers office or by calling 01720 422662.
08. What time will the accommodation be available?
All accommodation is available for occupancy from 4pm. If you arrive earlier you may leave your luggage inside the premises while it is being prepared.
09. How are the keys made available?
The keys to your holiday home will either be in the front door lock, or inside on the kitchen or dining table.
10. Are bed linen and towels provided?
Yes - beds will be made up for your arrival and we provide a bath towel and hand towel per person. If you are staying for more than one week, a change of bed linen and towels will be delivered on the regular changeover day. Tea Towels are also provided.
11. Do all holiday homes have Wi-Fi?
Most do, but not all, so you will need to check the facilities for your chosen holiday home.
12. What time do we vacate on departure day?
We ask guests to leave no later than 10:00am to allow us sufficient time to prepare the accommodation for the next arrivals.